Below are suggestions that can help in removing barriers in your business.
- Make sure you know about all of the facilities and services of your organisation that could be helpful to disabled visitors. For example, induction loops systems or the availability of large print information
- Always ask how you can help– never assume
- Undertake an access audit and prepare an access statement to give detailed information to visitors with specific needs
- Tell potential customers what you have to offer in terms of accessibility. Include details on your website, such as a copy of your access statement.
- Fast track people who may experience difficulties standing in a queue or provide a seat for them while they are waiting.
- Develop your knowledge and skills through training to make sure you can offer brilliant service to all your customers.
- Ensure appropriate emergency procedures are in place for all your customers, including those with disabilities. In accommodation establishments, keep a written record of their location and specific needs.
- Go the extra mile to ensure that visitors with specific needs have an enjoyable experience in Bournemouth – and want to return again